Thursday 28 December 2006

Crimbo rides

25/12 Stranraer
Distance 45kms
Ave speed 28.5kph
Duration 1hr 53mins
Cals burned 1640
Ascent 350metres
Craig caffie climb 14-40

Cracking ride, first time out on the Isaac in months, Felt really good, mostly on small country/farm roads. Took my camera, fitted new battery's,,,,,,,,,,,but left the memory card in the card reader back in London"TWAT"

28/12 South London/Kent
Distance 79kms
Ave speed 20.4(slow)
Duration 4hrs 4 mins
Cals burned 3004
Ascent 900 metres
punctures 1

Went out with a couple of friends from dulwich paragon, GT, Gammy leg Ken, Damian,,,, the plan was to do the short "ride of the falling leaves" backwards, which is pretty much what we done, Pilgrim's way being the highlight, Titsy hill being the low point,,,, fuck its much harder than i remembered, I had a touch of cramp on the way up, I would of stopped but i could hear GT's belly slapping against his top tube from behind,,,,,, Oh the joy it would of given him to ride past me!! Gammy leg Ken dropped us all on most of the climbs,,,, not bad for a guy who is half a leg short of a pair.

I had a puncture after only 10 mins,,, Managed to fix this no problem, I wasn't looking forward to using valve extenders on the road-side, but no major fuss to report

Stopped in a GB cycles on the way home, The 20% of everything was very tempting,,,, The 2007 specailized bikes look good, Also the new Derosa idol made the end of my wullie tingle.

Will spesh sell the roubaix/tarmac in world champs colours this year???I could be very tempted

Couple more rides planned before I go back to work.

Take care, happy riding

Ronald

No comments: